“Wear gratitude like a cloak, and it will feed every corner of your life.” – Rumi
Gratitude is a powerful practice of cultivating presence, an abundance mindset, and appreciation. It is an essential part of Mindfulness, Yoga and Meditation. A daily Gratitude practice can help YOU reduce stress, deepen your sense of connection with self + others AND enhance your overall health + wellbeing.
By practicing Gratitude you:
- shift your mindset from scarcity (rooted in ego) to abundance (rooted in your heart)
- interrupt mental negative spirals (related to stress / anxiety / fear)
- focus your attention on the good in your life right now
- cultivate a greater sense of empathy + compassion
- rewire the neural pathways in your brain (so cool!)
Gratitude draws you into your heart energy. It helps you see lessons or silver linings amidst challenge.
It keeps you grounded. It keeps you connected. It keeps you present.
AND, it’s simple to bring into your everyday life.
One of my favourite ways to practice Gratitude is to list 3 things I’m grateful for at the beginning or end of my day. And then, to pause, reflect and breathe.
Whenever I practice Gratitude, I notice I immeditately feel calmer, happier, more grounded and my breathe is at ease.
Starting today, I encourage you to take a moment and practice Gratitude. Commit to this practice everyday for the next month. And then notice what shifts in your life as a result of being more thankful :).